View Our Website View All Jobs

Research Data Analyst

LOCATION:  Remote within the U.S. 

Civiqs, the leading online scientific polling platform and division of Daily Kos, is seeking a Research Data Analyst to field and analyze surveys on the Civiqs platform. Civiqs has been conducting surveys online since 2014. With years of daily responses on a huge array of questions, Civiqs maintains one of the largest databases of public opinion in the United States. The Civiqs panel is over one million people, all across the United States, who participate in surveys at civiqs.com. Becoming a Research Data Analyst at Civiqs means getting to learn an incredible amount about how Americans are thinking about politics, culture, and current affairs--and to guide future research using the Civiqs panel.

The Research Data Analyst will engage in all aspects of survey research. Working alongside Civiqs' research team of statisticians and software developers, the analyst will utilize Civiqs’ survey system to track public opinion over time, program questionnaires, monitor responses, and produce survey reports and presentations for Civiqs clients. The analyst’s responsibilities will ensure that high research standards are being met at all times, and that survey projects are completed accurately and on deadline.

We are an energized team of survey researchers with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. If you love working with lots of data and are interested in a challenge—we'd love to hear from you.

Responsibilities:

  • Field surveys to the Civiqs panel using our specialized survey administration tools
  • Follow Civiqs’ research methodology to produce accurate results
  • Create survey reports and presentations for clients and other research partners
  • Monitor and analyze survey system metrics
  • Analyze historical opinion data in the Civiqs survey database
  • Communicate research findings to the Director of Research

Experience:

  • Experience or coursework in public opinion survey methodology
  • Hands-on experience producing quantitative research findings and reports
  • 2+ years experience with statistical programming in large data systems
  • Experience with online or web-based data is a plus

Qualifications:

  • Knowledge of public opinion survey research methodology
  • Strong attention to detail in quantitative analysis and reporting
  • Knowledge of statistical programming in R or Python
  • Knowledge of database programming using SQL
  • Interest in campaigns or politics
  • Ability to quickly learn new software and data analysis techniques
  • Strong written and verbal communication skills
  • Comfortable with a virtual working environment 
  • Be tech and internet savvy: we use Slack, Dropbox, Asana, Zoom, and lots of other tools that make work life easier
  • Bachelor's Degree or higher in social science or related quantitative field or equivalent experience

We understand that any given individual may not have all of these qualifications. If you meet 75% of these requirements and are excited about the prospect of learning the other 25%, please don’t hesitate to apply.

Salary Range: $65,000 - $75,000

This position is a 40 hour/week, full-time exempt position and is supervised by Civiqs' Director of Research. This position is based out of either our Oakland, CA or Washington, DC offices or remote within the US. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States. The position offers a flexible work environment, the ability to work remotely or from home, competitive salary, excellent benefits including: full medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K with a company match, remote worker stipend, professional development stipend, company-paid holidays, a generous vacation package, traumatic grief leave, as well as employer-paid parental/family leave. Our organizational commitment to personal growth and work-life balance reduces churn and encourages a very rewarding long term position.

At Civiqs, we believe that the diversity of ideas, experiences and cultures that our employees contribute to our organization help us be more effective in our work, and we are proud to be an inclusive and equal-opportunity workplace. The atmosphere in our office is energized by the day's news events, and people united by common cause. We're a company that loves learning and supports growth and training for all our employees.

Women, people of color and LGBTQIA individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.

Read More

Apply for this position

Required*
We've received your resume. Click here to update it.
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume

Paste your resume here or Attach resume file